When you experience symptoms of dry eye, or after eye surgery or an eye injury your doctor may recommend using eye drops (artificial tears).
Why has your doctor recommend using HYLO®?
- Offers immediate comfort (no stinging upon application) and protects your eyes from dryness and irritation for a long time.
- Is preservative free and usually very well tolerated.
- Is phosphate free, avoiding complications like deposits in the cornea.
- Contains 1mg/mL Sodium Hyaluronate, a citrate buffer, sorbitol and water.
- To improve the lubrication of the eye surface in eyes that are dry, burning or have foreign body sensations due to environmental conditions including after ophthalmo-surgical interventions.
- For rewetting of contact lenses to minimize dryness.
Who can use HYLO®?
HYLO® is suitable for all ages, for pregnant women and during lactation.
When should you not use HYLO?
HYLO® should not be used if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients. As HYLO® is preservative free it is well tolerated even when used over extended periods of time. In very rare cases hypersensitive reactions like burning or excessive tearing have been reported which stopped immediately when the use of HYLO® was discontinued.
Is HYLO® suitable for contact lens wearers?
HYLO® is recommended for rewetting contact lenses to minimize dryness. HYLO® is compatible with hard and soft contact lenses and can be used while wearing contact lenses.